Breast Cancer Health Tips from Aveda
Now do this for yourself and all the people that love you. Simple life style changes and routine doctor visits can make all the difference. Early detection saves lives—in fact breast cancer that’s detected early and localised has a 98% cure rate.
Get to know your body
Examine your breasts regularly and report any changes to your physician.
Go for annual screenings
See your doctor regularly for breast exams in your 20s and 30s. Get an annual mammogram if you are 40 years and older, or earlier if you are high-risk.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits. Their fiber, anti-oxidants and other nutrients can help.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Extra weight means extra risk.
- Limit your alcohol intake and toast to a healthier life.
- Do not smoke, and quit if you do.
- Work out, often. To reduce your risk of breast cancer the American Cancer Society recommends 45 to 60 minutes of intentional physical activity for 5 or more days a week.
Get your limited-edition Hand Relief™ moisturising creme with uplifting beautifying aroma.
It has been 20 years since the late Evelyn Lauder co-created the pink ribbon and initiated Estee Lauder companies Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign.
Breast Cancer affects 1 in 8 woman nationally. To date Aveda and its customers have donated over $2.1 Million to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation Globally.
If you would like to help us support the Breast Cancer Awareness campaign, you can purchase a special edition Pink Ribbon Hand Relief™ for £19 in salon. You will be saving 8% per ounce on the usual RRP.
£2 from every sale will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation who help support cruelty free research.